To provide important information regarding the safeguarding of children enabling delegates to respond confidently and appropriately should they be concerned about the safety and welfare of a child.
- Safeguarding – a legislative context/historic influences
- Understanding and applying Local Authority ‘Thresholds of Need
- Early Help and its role within safeguarding
- Recognising signs and indicators of abuse and neglect or that a girl may have been subjected to (or is at risk of) female genital mutilation
- Responding to a disclosure
- Information sharing
- Current/emergent themes, CSE, FGM and County Lines
- Allegations of professional abuse
This course will use bespoke Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) guidance and threshold details for all delegates at- tending and has been endorsed by a number of LSCB’s in Greater Manchester. All trainers delivering this course are experienced safeguarding practitioners.
Target audience: Early years providers and practitioners including childminders.