- This event has passed.
June 14 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm£40
To equip leaders and managers of early years settings with information and guidance on safer recruitment practice. To enable them to manage the recruitment of staff and volunteers who will be working with children and to place safeguarding at the heart of the process.
Course content includes:
- Risks of professional abuse in early years settings
- Understanding what professional abuse involves
- Understanding the principles and the features of safer recruitment
- Implementing the processes of appointing staff and volunteers to work with children
- Managing on-going suitability of staff, supervision and monitoring
- Engaging the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Features of a safer culture in settings
Target Audience: Registered early years providers and school leaders, Leaders and managers of early years settings, Committee members, proprietors, owners of childcare settings
This course will be informed by HY Professionals – HR services and support. Partners and colleagues working in schools and early years.