- This event has passed.
Paediatric First Aid – full course (2 days)
July 14 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Aims of the course:
To understand the role of the first aider including references to the importance of preventing cross infection; the need for recording incidents and actions; and the use of available equipment. This course is compliant with the Early Years Foundation Stage 2017 and covers the following areas:
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from anaphylactic shock
- Help a baby or child who has had an electric shock
- Help a baby or child who has burns or scalds
- Help a baby or child who has a suspected fracture
- Help a baby or child with head, neck or back injuries
- Help a baby or child who is suspected of being poisoned
- Help a baby or child with a foreign body in eyes, ears or nose
- Help a baby or child with an eye injury
- Help a baby or child with a bite or sting
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from the effects of extreme heat or cold
- Help a baby or child having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction; meningitis; and/or febrile convulsions
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider (including appropriate contents of a first aid box and the need for recording accidents and incidents)
Length of course: 12 hours in total (2 sessions).
Target audience: Early years providers and practitioners.
This course supports the Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements within the Early Years Foundation Stage (2017). Its focus for Ofsted inspection sits within the Leadership and Management judgment area of the Common Inspection Framework (2015).